lunes, 14 de julio de 2014

And the sky will burn. It's a lonely time ahead


Mi nombre no es Calypso. Pero, como ella, yo también vivo en una isla. A veces, con la primera luz de la mañana, navego lejos. La arena quema mis pies y el sol mi piel. Canto en el viento para espantar la soledad. Oigo cantos de sirenas que me hablan de Ulises y de otros marineros. Las sirenas saben contar y cantar hermosos cuentos. Dicen que si  las escuchas ya no quieres regresar a casa .Pero yo, a última hora de la tarde, me despido con una sonrisa y regreso. Sé que la isla me pertenece, por eso no puedo abandonarla.


Texto e imagen: Ana&Heterónimas.©
Música: Suzanne Vega. Calypso:

My name is Calypso/ And I have lived alone/ I live on an island/ And I waken to the dawn/ A long time ago/ I watched him struggle with the sea/ I knew that he was drowning/ And I brought him into me/ Now today/ Come morning light/ He sails away/ After one last night I let him go.

My name is Calypso/ My garden overflows/ Thick and wild and hidden/Is the sweetness there that grows/ My hair it blows long/ As I sing into the wind

My name is Calypso/ And I have lived alone/ I live on an island/ I tell of nights/ Where I could taste the salt on his skin/ Salt of the waves/ And of tears/ And though he,pulled away/ I kept him here for years/ I let him go

My name is Calypso/ I have let him go/ In the dawn he sails away/ To be gone forever more/ And the waves will take him in again/ But he'll know their ways now/ I will stand upon the shore/ With a clean heart/ And my song in the wind/ The sand will sting my feet/ And the sky will burn/ It's a lonely time ahead/ I do not ask him to return/ I let him go/ I let him go